[sf-lug] /firmware/radeon

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Dec 20 21:21:54 PST 2015

> Throughout its history, fglrx has supported _only_ latest-and-greatest
> chipsets.

For the record, the fglrx driver that _did_ support that video chipset
used to be available here:

https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/ati-driver-installer-8.22.5-i386.run

If you could find someone who made an archival Internet-downloadable
copy of ati-driver-installer-8.22.5-i386.run, that would be the one.  Of
course, since it's proprietary, AMD/ATI was able to put out the word
that 'This may not be hosted elsewhere, just where we choose to offer
it.  And thus when we take it down, you'll not be able to get it any
more.  Have a nice day.'