[sf-lug] SF-LUG & SSL/TLS: now proper certs on SF-LUG sites thanks to https://letsencrypt.org/ :-)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Dec 9 18:43:52 PST 2015

> One may wish to note:
>
> Not (yet?) included: list host: linuxmafia.com - though it has SSL/TLS,
> it doesn't yet have valid recognized CA signed cert (unless you
> recognize and trust the linuxmafia.com certificate authority ;-)).

I do.  linuxmafia.com is the most awesome CA I know of, in fact, and the
only one in which I have implicit faith.

On some other occasion, we might wish to have a discussion about just
how broken the CA model is, why it gives no assurance whatsoever, and
what a sensible person might use instead.

(Greetings from the ocean between Îles des Saintes, Guadeloupe, and
Antigua.)