[sf-lug] Eric P. Scott ... remote desktop support software?

Chris Sterling chris at cgnp.com
Mon Dec 7 14:21:50 PST 2015

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 1:45 PM, Daniel Gimpelevich <
daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us> wrote:

> On Mon, 2015-12-07 at 10:18 -0800, Chris Sterling wrote:
> > First post here, hello SF-LUG.
> >

> > That sounds like Teamviewer - very cross platform, works well behind
> > firewalls, and is a lifesaver for helping non-literate computer
> > people.  There is an iOS/Androd version as well - even ChromeOS now.
> > I use Teamviewer for family computer support, and also the paid
> > version for work.  The commercial version is a around couple thousand
> > dollars, and I'm a little concerned about the overall security, but
> > it's become ubiquitous, and my support staff loves it.
>
> I gotta say: The Android version is just unusable.

Eh, yeah, mobile or even the tablet version is not great.  But it's still
better then nothing on the go.  I've used it a few times to get simple
tasks done, or to look at something remotely.

Anybody have experience with Chrome Remote Desktop?
--
Chris Sterling
chris at cgnp.com
707-230-9349