[sf-lug] Report of Meeting of 1 November 2015

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Sun Nov 1 21:06:08 PST 2015

Hi LUGers,

	Was at the Cafe Enchante by 10:35.
	Setup machine with out many problems but the
keypad would not work.  This was fixed on my return
home.
	First to show up were Ken S and his wife.
	Then Michael has installed Slackware on his new
()machine.  We talked about
	Maestro sent a note to me about some problems he has
been having in several areas. A problem with a notebook
which is having problems in several areas.
	And he wrote a bit about how people fail to talk
about networking. I sent him a reply and Ken S. concurred
with my opinions.
	About 12:30 Jim S. Showed up and still having a problem
disposing of excess books.
	We discussed several matters with concentration on
the obtaining of useful computers which will not stop working
about the time we get them home.  Michael had followed my
previous advice regarding Best Buy and its refurbished
machines.  We explained to Jim how one shopped there
via browser for the refurbished machines.

	I started packing up my machine, et al about 12:45
	Jim gave me a ride home, dropping off Micheal at
Target.

	If anyone has any emendations or disagreement with
these notes please let the group know ASAP.

	As I remarked at the meeting I was having trouble downloading
from Source Forge but today I thought I had found the key by selecting
one of the other Mirrors, but it is not a 100% method.
	I hope to have the latest 4MLinux by the time of the next meeting.  I
presently have i586 and AMD64 versions of GPartEd on hand and will be
happy to make up copies before the next meeting on November 16 if you
let me know in advance of your need.

	Bobbie Sellers