[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets on Sunday October 4, 2015 and report on meeting of September21

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Fri Oct 2 13:13:29 PDT 2015

On 09/28/2015 09:32 AM, Bobbie Sellers wrote:
> Hi LUGers,
>
>   SF-LUG meets every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
> and every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
> at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.
>
>     These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
> year so far of 7 members.   If you have a problem come along
> and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
> who can.
>     I plan on having TAILS 1.6 at the meeting and if anyone wants a copy
> let me know in advance please.
>     I also have Beta versions of Fedora 23 and Kubuntu 15.10
>     Oh and several publications including the weekly Distrowatch news
> have
> selected Mageia 5 as the superior distribution.  This has irritated
> some of
> the folks on Usenet who have been having serious problems.
>     I will also have late issues of Linux Pro magazine.
     The latest issue contain Tanglu 3.0 KDE Plasma 5 for 64 bit machines
and Kubuntu 15.04 for 32 bit machines.  As well as lots of interesting
articles for Linux aficionados but they lead with tests on replacements
for Android on phones.

     In addition we have the latest version of Kali 2.0 on DVDs for AMD64
and for i386.  And Majaro 15.09 in Mate and KDE versions for x86_64.

>     Hope to see some of you all at the meeting.

> The meeting of Monday September 21.
     snipped from this update

     bliss