[sf-lug] SF-LUG - DNS, web site, ...

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Sat Aug 22 04:05:37 PDT 2015

Jim,

Submitted for your consideration:
198.144.194.238
*not* high availability[1] nor high bandwidth[1]
but if you use (or "temporarily") use that IP for any and/or all of:

DNS master(s) for sf-lug.org. and/or sf-lug.com.
it, if NS delegated etc., is operational master, and any IPv4 slaves can
pull the zones from that IP.

web site - virtual name hosted, use that IP, and ye olde[2] SF-LUG web
site is available there.

Or you can always put 'em somewhere else.  Let me know if you need/want
me to update the NS (& if/as applicable "glue") records through registrar
(Network Solutions / Web.com) for the registry updates on those DNS records.

footnotes/references:
1.
http://lists.balug.org/pipermail/balug-admin-balug.org/2015-August/002983.html
2. At the moment it's (much) older copy I snagged from sf-lug web site quite
a while ago ... but it probably hasn't changed ... or at least not
much.  I have fresh backup of sf-lug ... I'll refresh it from that in
a bit.