[sf-lug] SF-LUG ... have to copy the web site files to some other host ... DNS ...

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Thu Aug 20 10:06:49 PDT 2015

Well, I've got backups ... just need a place you want to land the
data/files.

You'll also need DNS server and the zone files - which are also in backups
I have ... or alternatively one can suck most or all that data from any slave,
at least short of the data expiring - may not be able to do zone pull from
slave(s), though ... actually, there's one (unlisted non-NS) slave you
can pull the zones from any IP: 198.144.194.235 (*not* a high availability
site - that sits on my personal laptop - that may also go away as
slave if it can't pull any newer authoritative data that's found).

Be sure you don't do anything problematic with zone serial numbers on
DNS, or the data may not properly propagate for quite a long while (until
zone expiration, which is ... 2 weeks on those SF-LUG zones.