[sf-lug] crackers may target routers, here are some defence ideas such as OpenWRT

maestro maestro415 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 11:39:14 PDT 2015

'Possibly' check the OpenBSD network security forums and/or their network
howto pages, not sure, but a good direction, may even have ref.'s to linux
pages...

Message ends.
_________________

http://www.networkworld.com/article/2971270/security/your-router-gateway-for-hackers.html?phint=newt%3Dnetworkworld_network_optimization_alert&phint=idg_eid%3D9acc943f8448d8c96fc5b38178c536aa#tk.NWWNLE_nlt_network_optimization_2015-08-18

http://www.amazon.com/BUFFALO-AirStation-Simultaneous-Wireless-WZR-1750DHP/dp/B00D69747O

>>     Here are two pages for the rest of the information about the free
>> router firmware and what works with it.
>> <https://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database>
>>
>> <http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices>
>>
>>     The Buffalo main page.
>> <http://www.buffalotech.com/products>
>>
>> Thanks, Bobbie!

*~the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...*