[sf-lug] SF-LUG meeting on Monday August 17, 2015 at Cafe Enchante

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Aug 10 20:55:52 PDT 2015

Hi LUGers,

   SF-LUG meets  every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard. Most of you
know that of course but there is always someone who does
not get the word so I have to spell it out.

     These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 7 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

     I will have the latest issue of Linux Pro there for the literate.
     I found an interesting article on the British Fuze a Raspberry
Pi with a limited keyboard and if anyone indicates the slightest
interest I will drag it along.  Looks like a home-built kit machine
with a close to Commodore 64 keyboard.

     I have begun to get the latest versions of GpartEd, bootable in
i586, i686pae and of course AMD64.   Ideal for re-partitioning work
for the GUI impaired(like myself).  Am working on getting Kokora
as well to see if KDE Plasma has reached an acceptable point of
refinement.  The 32-bit version I got last week seemed to be ok
but would not boot on my 64 bit machine.

     Hope to see some of you all there.

     Bobbie Sellers