[sf-lug] Michael Paoli @ SF-LUG 2015-08-02

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Sat Aug 1 09:12:51 PDT 2015

On 08/01/2015 08:03 AM, Michael Paoli wrote:
> And yes, I will be at the SF-LUG meeting tomorrow.
> I'll also have various ISOs available with me:

     That is two of us. ;^)

> http://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=balug:cds_and_images_etc
> And also available book(s)/publication(s):
> http://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=balug:books_and_publications
> Oh ... and those sites may be out for a bit if/when the "vicki" host
> (which also has the sf-lug.{com,org} VM on it) goes out of service.
>

>> From: "Michael Paoli" <Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu>
>> Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 20:10:22 -0700
>
>> These are the ISOs I have:
>> http://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=balug:cds_and_images_etc
>> There's even a *fair* probability I may make it to SF-LUG this Sunday
>> ... despite what BART is and isn't doing this coming weekend.

     I also managed to get the Linux Pro Magazine #177 with the distros
this month being Linux Mint 17.1 64 bit(Cinnamon) and touted as a direct
replacement for Windows XP or MacOS X, Elementary Linux 32 bit.
The desktop manager is called Pantheon and the whole OS is light enough
for live use or installation on older hardware.  Based on Ubuntu Minimal.

     Hope Jason can get to the meeting but he has failed to reply to my
private
e-mail but I have made Ubuntu disks in both 32 and 64 bit since he
failed to
answer questions about the CPU he is using.

     bliss