[sf-lug] sf-lug.{org,com} & Network Solutions / Web.com

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at sandstorm.io
Thu Jul 9 17:53:45 PDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I called Network Solutions, waited on hold for half an hour, on and off,
and then got both domains into good shape without paying anyone anything. I
think the customer service people who helped me out went above and beyond
what they would normally do, so I'm hesitant to say a lot more in writing,
but basically some people are surprisingly helpful. I can talk more in
person.

So anyway, if you check the WHOIS, all should be well. Here's my summary:

➜  ~  whois sf-lug.org | grep Jim
Admin Name:Jim Stockford
Tech Name:Jim Stockford

➜  ~  whois sf-lug.com | grep Jim
Admin Name: Stockford, Jim
Tech Name: Stockford, Jim

I'm happy to share details in person with people. Thanks for bringing the
issue to the group's attention and for all the info, everyone!