[sf-lug] Network Solutions / Web.com & renewing expired domains (Michael Paoli)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jul 8 22:32:44 PDT 2015

> NameJet is accepting bids _RIGHT NOW_.

Well, this might be why NetSol doesn't promise a 'grace period', but
says Registrant _may_ get one.

(As I mentioned, I bailed on being a NetSol customer back in the 1990s,
and never looked back.  Reasons include my strong disapproval of their
business ethics.)

> It is my understanding that Jim already paid NetSol 2 months ago and did
> _not_ dispute the charge, but the renewal somehow failed due to the
> invalid e-mail addresses.

According to whom?  And for which domain or domains?

I cannot fathom why renewal would fail just because the registrar cannot
successfully mail one or more of the four whois contacts.  Renewal in my
experience requires money and nothing more.