[sf-lug] SF-LUG meeting of Monday June 15, 2015

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Jun 15 22:15:00 PDT 2015

	Hi LUGers,

05:35 PM arrived at the Cafe Enchante and set up by 5:55 PM.
	Managed without any assistance to spill my decaf on the
external drives.

I did not expect to see Jim Stockford this evening as when
i had him on the phone at 4 PM he sounded ill and said he felt under the
weather,

6:15 I started on these notes.

	This  AM I made copies of the new Live Boot releases
of GPartEd, Clonezilla and Sabayon 15.06.
	In the afternoon before I left I made iso files from
the Linux Pro issue #175 releases and burned one to CD,
Linux Lite 2.4 in a 32 bit release.  I got all this stuff
spread out on a table with 3 issues of Linux Pro Magazine.

	Herman showed up about 6:25  Spent most of his time
talking with John S. and read some in Linux Pro.

	John S. showed up about 6:30

	Mark W. showed up a few minutes later with his tower computer
and full sized monitor in a red shopping cart but unfortunately
he had forgotten his keyboard and without it the computer could not boot
to show its condition.  He was very interested in my external Samsung
DVD Writer and was totally surprised by the 500 GiB external drive.  The
first thing he did was buy the multiple outlet strip he had borrowed
from John S. at the last meeting.

	John tried out several distribution including Mageia 5RC on his
laptop, and kept the DVD to try to play with it at home.

    	 Mark W, left first as he could make no progress but stuck
around until about 7:45.

  	Just before 8 PM John and Herman left and I left shortly after that
in good time to catch the next 38 back to Hyde and so home about 0830.

	Next meeting of the SF-LUG at Cafe Enchante will be on Sunday July 5th
and the next Monday meeting will be on July 20th.

	Further announcement of meeting is to be expected a week in
advance.  I am sorry that no one seemed to catch the egregious error
I made in the report of the meeting for June 7th.

	Have a joyous Summer Solstice on the 21st especially if you
are not celebrating Father's Day.
	Have a great time on the Fourth of July but not too great
so that you cannot get up on the 5th for the Sunday meeting.

	Bobbie Sellers