[sf-lug] Meeting report for Sunday June 7, 2015

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Jun 8 07:31:06 PDT 2015

On 06/07/2015 10:14 PM, John Strazzarino wrote:
> Nathan, Andrew, me, Bobbie, maestro, ken, Jim, mike and mark,  sound like a new record for attendees.
     Only for this year, John.
> I also played with the USB NAS and it works fine on windows.  Did not have a chance to try it on Linux, but it should work fine.  Like linksys routers, you can load other os on the device.  I see that you can load Ubuntu on the USB NAS, for example.
>
> More later
>
> John
>

> Sent from my iPad

         Yes that USB to Ethernet interface  is very nice but I simply
do not need more cables.  I noticed yesterday afternoon that I have
too many cables when I figured out that other cables had dragged
(by weight) my RJ-47 cable from the socket on the computer.
     The locking tab had broken off at some point.
     bliss