[sf-lug] New raspberry pi project

John Strazzarino JStrazza at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 4 07:00:21 PDT 2015

Looking into using my pi as a music player/server.  Found openELEC on the pi download page and decided to try it.  After imaging the files to my micro sad card, it would begin to boot, but freeze, even after letting it sit.  Tried again, no luck.  I put the sd card in my PC and looked at the config.txt file.  I noticed the quiet parm and removed it.  Voila, it booted up just fine, not sure what that was all about.

Used winSCP TO SSH? Into the machine and copied a couple MP3 files to the music directory.  Hit enter and the music appeared to play, but I had no speakers.  I hooked up a USB set of speakers, but got no sound.  Perhaps because the USB port on the pi didn't have enough power to run the speakers.  Now I gotta find some powered speakers and give them a whirl.

I'll bring the pi on Sunday, and maybe we can get some more music into the pi.

I will say that the interface (kodi) is a bit awkward, but we shall see.

John

Sent from my iPad