[sf-lug] SF-LUG meets Sunday June 7, 2015

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Jun 1 09:56:09 PDT 2015

Hi LUGers,

   SF-LUG meets every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
and every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

     These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 7 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

     Meeting times are nominal so that if you come after 7:30 PM
we may have left.

     I have gotten a variety of Fedora releases downloaded.
     Fedora-Live-Jam_KDE-i686-22-3.iso
     Fedora-Live-Workstation-i686-22-3.iso

    Versions of gparted;
     gparted-live-0.22.0-2-i586.iso
     gparted-live-0.22.0-2-i686-pae
     gparted-live-0.22.0-2-amd64.iso

     All of these have been checksummed and I
expect to make one copy of each.
     Linux Tiny Core based on DSL with lots of low memory
usage stuff is out but the largest is only about 80 MiB and
I used to get that size of stuff on my modem.  This is extremely
low memory usage down to 48 MiG.  If you find this difficult
but have a use for it let me know and I will get a copy of
whatever version you want.   Otherwise the download link
is <http://distro.ibiblio.org/tinycorelinux/6.x/>

     There are lots of other distributions out and for the GUI
dependent like myself,  Mageia 5RC in live and in full install
(choice of desktop environment), are available.

     I would like to say that there will be a new Linux Pro magazine
out but we will be lucky to get it by June 18.

     Hope I see some of you all there.

     Bobbie Sellers