[sf-lug] Good domain name registrar

Steve M Bibayoff bibayoff at gmail.com
Fri May 1 16:20:17 PDT 2015

Hello,

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 4:09 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

> I've always felt that Joker.com and Gandi.net are among the truly
> excellent choices.  (There are of course others.)
>
> It's come to my attention that _some_ people, when they ask
> recommendations for registrars, also care about various bundled services
> that are not otherwise a part of what a domain regisrar does, such as
> DNS nameservice, hosting, e-mail, etc.  Thus, those people might have
> entirely different perceptions from people evaluating registrars on how
> they are as _registrars_.

I've been recently (last couple of years) been partial too
namecheap.com . AFAIR, had mostly positive experiences with them. They
are becoming a one-stop shop from domain names to hosting. I've only
dealt w/ registration, privacy guard, and cheap SSL certs, so ymmv.

Anyone have any negative experience with them?

Steve