[sf-lug] Anyone need a copy of Knoppix 7.5?

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Wed Apr 8 15:16:14 PDT 2015

     Hi LUGgers,

         Today I went to the Fog City News and bought the latest copy of
Linux ProVersion 7.5 is out as the Disk of the Month for Linux Pro,
  April 2015 Issue 173.
     I found it on the news stand this AM.  So far I have booted it.
Rebooted it and checked the soundness with "knoppix testcd".
Then installed it to a PY 8 GB Flash Drive.
     This was a special edition to be distributed at CeBIT.
     You cannot yet get it elsewhere but in the Linux Pro.
     The magazine describes the way to make a boot disk if you want
to use a USB Flash drive on a machine with USB but which cannot
otherwise boot from a USB Flash.  This is a 12 Megabyte file that
can be written to a CD which is used to boot-strap the Knoppix
  bootable.Flash Drive.

     So hustle out and buy a copy of the Linux Pro magazine, 'K!
Fog City News is on the South side of Market between First Street
and Fremont Street.  It is close to the First Street end of that block.

     Now if you are member of the UG like Ron W, who already
requested a copy of Knoppix, you only have to ask me before
16 April, and I will make you a copy from the iso file on my
hard disk.  Why 16 April?  Well I may have to spend time on
Jury Duty next week at the Courthouse which will cut into my
time here at the notebook.

     If you request a copy at the meeting on the 20th I will not
be obliging until the next month.

     Bobbie Sellers