[sf-lug] improved: sf-lug.mbox ... rsync ... now gently backed up overnightly ...

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Mar 22 21:37:03 PDT 2015

> This also means, as least as far back as I (/we?) have it, older
> versions of the sf-lug.mbox files are in RCS....

I applaud the thoroughness.  FWIW, since the mbox is additive
(other than on vanishingly rare occasions, that have never happened with
sf-lug and maybe once in a decade on some other B.A. technical mailing
lists, when the listadmins decide a posting is so problematic on, e.g.,
legal ground that it needs to be removed), strikes me as a lot of work
to protect against farfetched use cases -- like, dunno, something
suddenly clobbering the cumulative mbox and nobody notices before all
backups have been expired out).

But it's your work, so you get to decide what problem's worth fixing --
and certainly having things in version control is an impeccable
administrative practice generally.