[sf-lug] Report of meeting of Monday, 16 April 2015

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Mar 16 21:25:34 PDT 2015

Hi LUGgers,

     I arrived about  6:45 PM and Bill H. and Mikki were there before me
  with  problems.
     Mikki could not access the wireless at the Cafe Enchante/
     After I made sure the configuration was correct,   but we
could not get onto the wireless connection I made when I
turned on my machine.
     So finally I had Mikki shutdown, disconnect her power
supply, pull her battery (which she had no experience with).
     After that the battery was re-inserted and the power
applied and the little older machine went right to wireless.

     Maestro showed up as we were going though that exercise.
     Then we had further discussion about history, cookies and
tracking in Firefox.
     Maestro is having some problems with his optical drive in
the older notebook he uses.   I am not sure he made much
progress with that.  But he did give Mikki a lot of advice about
  tracking and cookies.  Mikki finally got the blur on her machine
  and can turn it off or on or totally remove it.

     Mestro kept looking for a Firefox extension "do not track me"
and I managed to find the name had been changed to " blur" and
he finally realized it was installed under the new name.  Likely the
name was changed as he was updating and never noted the
change.

     Bill was having a problem with Thunderbird and its behavior
of downloading mail at start-up.  I went through the preferences
and server settings and got that straightened out for him.  Then
he spent most of the rest of the meeting downloading his mail
from an old Webmail server that had filled up.  Over 1300 e-mails.

     At 7:45 PM we started to pack up our equipment and Bill was
kind enough to give me a ride home.

     So if anyone has any emendations or correction for this account
please send them to the list asap.

     Next meeting will be at Cafe Enchante Sunday April 5 2015 from
11 AM to 1 PM.  Hope to see some of the best people there.

     Bobbie Sellers