[sf-lug] Error message: wrong architecture

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 16:24:14 PDT 2015

Hi,

I am concerned that I have installed the incorrect Ubuntu distro on my
Zareason ultralap 440.  When I went to Ubuntu to download the .iso, it gave
me this iso to install:

ubuntu-14.04.2-desktop-amd64.iso

When I check the system settings, it says that I have an Intel Core
i5-42008 CPU @ 1.60 GHz x 4.

My problem is that I am trying to install the Google Chrome browser, using
this method:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/510056/how-to-install-google-chrome-on-ubuntu-14-04

Essentially, when I follow that method, it always gives me an AMD package:

google-chrome-stable_current_amd64.deb

and then when I try to install it, I get an error that says wrong
architecture.

Then when I do uname -m here is what I get

cje at laptopfizz:~$ uname -m
i686

Do I have the wrong type of Ubuntu?  Do I need to get a different version
of Ubuntu 14.04?  How do I get Google Chrome on this machine?  I want to
use Chrome in addition to Chromium and Firefox. Thanks!

--
Christian Einfeldt