Internet Service - Repairs

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Wed Jan 21 16:37:19 PST 2015

On 01/21/2015 04:12 PM, Alex Kleider wrote:
> On 2015-01-21 13:00, Daniel Gimpelevich wrote:

>>> My experience has been that Sonic depends on AT&T lines but that their
>>> ability to contact AT&T and get something fixed is far better than
>>> mine!
>>
>> This is not true. Sonic is a CLEC that does not require AT&T at all. I
>> have reason to believe (but I could be wrong) that they even block AT&T
>> from bothering you after you port your AT&T phone number to Sonic.
>
> I don't know what a 'CLEC' is but do know that the two places where I
> have a residential service through Sonic, the physical wires coming to
> the house (I guess that would be layer 1) belong to AT&T.
> I have no difficulty believing that this may not be true in more urban
> areas.

         I do not know what a CLEC is either but know that both Sonic
and DSLextreme
have services that are only available in some parts of the service
areas.  In my case
I am sticking with DSLextreme for my own reasons mostly financial, but
also because
when I have a problem they help despite my deviant use of Linux.

     bliss