Raspberry Pi Questions

John F. Strazzarino jstrazza at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 21:15:46 PST 2015

At the meeting the other day, you asked if the processor in the Pi was 32 or 64 bit.  I have been puzzling over this issue, but still cannot seem to get a firm answer.  The Pi uses an ARM chip and I am not sure if that falls into the 32/64 bit arena.

Here are the tech specs I found....hopefully this is helpful

The SoC is a Broadcom BCM2835. This contains an ARM1176JZFS, with floating point, running at 700Mhz; and a Videocore 4 GPU. The GPU is capable of BluRay quality playback, using H.264 at 40MBits/s. It has a fast 3D core accessed using the supplied OpenGL ES2.0 and OpenVG libraries.

John