How to print source code from the command line

Michael Shiloh michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 12:32:22 PST 2015

Happy new year everyone. I hope you all had a safe and sane NYE.

I have some C code I'd like to send to my printer from the command line. In
the old days we'd use lpr, but it was always a bit fidly to get line breaks
and margins in the right places.

Is there something more modern, perhaps something with extra features
like an option to add lines number or syntax highlighting?

I suppose a fancy new editor (like "sublime text" or "atom") might have a
print button, but there are times when I just want to print from the command
line.

Surely there must be a way. It is, after all, 2015.

By they way, Bobbie, is there any reasone we don't set up a Google Group, just
for the purpose of using it as a mailing list? Or are there people on this
list who prefer not to use Google, which is very understandable?

Michael

--
Michael Shiloh
Associate Professor

Teaching: www.teachmetomake.com/wordpress

Recently published:

	Make: Getting Started with Arduino, 3rd Edition
	By Massimo Banzi and Michael Shiloh
	http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920029267.do