[sf-lug] BALE updates - Berkeley Linux Users Group (BerkeleyLUG)

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Wed Feb 18 02:36:47 PST 2015

> From: "Rick Moen" <rick at linuxmafia.com>
> Subject: Re: [sf-lug] BALE updates
> Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 19:18:07 -0800
>
> Quoting Daniel Gimpelevich (daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us):
>> Additionally, the BerkeleyLUG entry lists Jack Deslippe as a contact
>> at an address I don't believe he has anymore, and I think he has not
>> actually been to a meeting in some time.
>
> Yeah, you know, Jack was the primary organiser for a long time and I'd
> assumed that he was.  It appears to be Aaron, now.

Well, as I understand it, at least approximately,
Jack Deslippe is still holder of the keys to the kingdom,
as far as I'm aware (domain, DNS, hosting configuration and
delegations, "list" (Google Group)), and still manages at least
higher-level hosting/administration coverage items.
The email address you have for him on
https://web.archive.org/web/20140719065945/http://linuxmafia.com/bale/
may no longer be active/functional, but I've BCCed him at
email address I believe is still current (was still current at least
as of 2015-01-22 ... is also same as email address listed in the
whois for the domain).

Grant Bowman does fair bit of the website stuff (content & page
maintenence) - probably the majority of that or likely more than
any other single contributor in recent year(s) or so.

I'm highly regular meeting attendee - probably more so than any other
at least for the past several years, and among other things typically
provide placard at meeting to identify us, bring DVDs/CDs, etc.
There are also many others that are rather to quite regular
attendees (e.g. Aaron C.) and/or contribute in other ways (website
blog postings, list postings & list posting meeting reminders, etc.)

Anyway, BCCed Grant, Jack, and Aaron, in case they may want to chime
in or provide additional information and/or corrections, and also
for their information if they're not on this list.

And yes, Jack hasn't regularly been to meetings in quite a while
(since he moved to Oakland some few years ago or so), but does still
occassionally show up, but he does still do stuff with
Berkeley Linux Users Group (BerkeleyLUG), but nowadays it's often
more or mostly "behind the scenes" stuff.

Anyway, that's at least my (rough/approximate) understanding of it,
notwithstanding any corrections/clarifications which may be due.  :-)