[sf-lug] problem : expanded desktop window retrieval

jim jim at well.com
Thu Feb 5 15:52:52 PST 2015

 From
Date:     Thu, 5 Feb 2015 15:09:41 -0800
From:     Michael Shiloh <michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com>

When I lecture with a projector I tend to extend my desktop rather than mirror
my display, as my laptop has higher resolution than the projector.

Sometimes, at the end of my lecture, I'll leave a window on the projector side
of of the desktop before I unplug the projector.

Later, when i get home, I can't access that window because the mouse won't go
to the part of the desktop that is on the disconnected screen.

Is there a way to gather all windows to my current screen, or to otherwise
get those windows?

Ubuntu 14.04, pretty much stock.

Thanks!
Michael