[sf-lug] Cancellation, Pls.

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jan 26 21:56:55 PST 2015

Quoting Christian Einfeldt (einfeldt at gmail.com):

> I would like to see us all be more civil on this list.  Stefano's posts
> strike me as being thoughtful.  There is no need to be insulting in reply,
> please.

The part I'm not quite understanding -- Mr. Attorney -- is the bit where
politely suggesting that Stefano, immediately after he contradicted
himself to (once again) suggest I'm 'not fully innocent' of imaginary
failings, might therefore not have thought the subject through
thoroughly, isn't _at least_ as civil, and isn't in fact downright
courtly by comparison.

I guess pointing out that the witness has just contradicted himself is
something nobody in _your_ profession would ever do, right?  I mean,
that would be just bad and wrong.

> I would like to see our list be more inviting and less caustic.

Let me lay it on the line for you, Counselor -- ye old Linneus Bottomus:
You are all in a virtual sense guests in my home, a nice home that I
enjoy living in, and expect the guests to be at least minimally well
behaved in.  Yet, you persist in continually creating pointless hassle
for me, wasting time that I cannot spare.  I tend to get caustic when
faced against my will with time-wasting bullshit.  However, more to the
immediate point, I _can end_ that hassle and time-wasteage with
breathtaking speed.  Are you _sure_ you want to keep giving me incentive
to throw you-plural off my server?

If the answer is no, then all you have to do is cut the bullshit, and
we'll be fine.