[sf-lug] Cancellation, Pls.

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Jan 25 00:45:10 PST 2015

Quoting Christian Einfeldt (einfeldt at gmail.com):

> Jim, that was a nice, straightforward, non-sarcastic, non-snarky piece of
> advise for someone who probably is not all that facile with computers and
> mailing lists.

People who can't figure out how to unsubscribe from mailing lists really
should not subscribe to them until they've grasped the basics -- or
maybe bothered to Google-search 'leave mailing list'.  Or bothered
to visit the URL at the bottom of each and every posting, which page
provides Web-based unsubscribing.

You know what I think _is_ really rude?  Writing to hundreds of fellow
subscribers to seek personal help with leaving the mailing list (which
help they cannot actually provide), instead of writing directly to the
listadmin (who can).