[sf-lug] Having fun with BALE; CABAL meeting Saturday (today)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Jan 24 03:49:38 PST 2015

Some folks will remember Bay Area Linux Events (BALE) the
technical-events calendar I've maintained since the early '90s:

http://linuxmafia.com/bale/

It's almost back together.  I'm working on correcting event templates
before fully populating the current three-month period.

In recent years, BALE has been auto-populated by a Python script run on
the first of every month, that parses a set of event-template records,
and generating dated events based on the rules therein.  Even though
BALE is currently showing Jan to Mar 2015, those events aren't present
except for some CABAL ones I created manually -- because the server was
down on January 1st when the script would normally have run.

  The CABAL events include the CABAL meeting T_O_D_A_Y, Saturday, 4pm to
  midnight, at my house in Menlo Park.  Y'all are welcome.

  (Join me in drinking a toast to our late friend Eric P. Scott.)

I'll be running that script as soon as I update the templates.
_Meanwhile_, enjoy the holiday listings I've added through the end of
2015:  American civil holidays, Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, and
Scandinavian.

For the curious, my holidays worksheet (ASCII-file notes) is here:
http://linuxmafia.com/bale/holidays