[sf-lug] SF-LUG list archives backed up

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jan 22 03:14:32 PST 2015

> And I[2] did gently[1] snag a backup copy of the SF-LUG list archive,
> and Rick has also mentioned its public availability (from
> linuxmafia.com) multiple times before[3][4][5].
> For lack of better place, it's backed up to here:
> [0] http://www.sf-lug.org/sf-lug.mbox

I just ran this manually:
# /var/lib/mailman/bin/list_members -f sf-lug | mail -s "sf-lug Roster as of $(date +%F)" Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu

I _could_ add you as a recipient of that mail weekly (Sundays) via cron
job, as Jim already is a recipient.  Would that be to your liking?
(This is the membership roster data that normally resides on-disk in
Python's 'pickle' stored-data format, but we're dumping it to ASCII
using the list_members utility.)

Not sure how best to script transfer of that directly to the
www.sf-lug.org host.  If you can suggest a better way, I'm listening.

The nice thing about e-mail as a delivery mechanism, is that all the
heachaches involving crypto keys for, e.g., rsync backups go away.