[sf-lug] .signature files collection

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jan 22 01:01:42 PST 2015

> UTF-8 .txt files begin with two bytes of magic that identify them as
> such to any software that may read them.

Here's the ASCII file:

linuxmafia:/var/www/pub/humour# file sigs-rickmoen-old
sigs-rickmoen-old: UTF-8 Unicode English text
linuxmafia:/var/www/pub/humour#

If you have a look at http://linuxmafia.com/pub/humour/sigs-rickmoen-old ,
i.e., view it in your Web browser, you'll see that somehow the encoding
gets screwed up in the process of serving the file.

Like this:

Cheers,                              Tá m'árthach foluaineach lán d'eascanna.
Rick Moen
rick at linuxmafia.com
McQ!  (4x80)

...instead of the correct UTF-8 encoded version:

rick at linuxmafia.com
McQ!  (4x80)

I'll leave http://linuxmafia.com/pub/humour/sigs-rickmoen-old up for a
few days so you can see what I'm talking about, but then I'll be
removing the file.