SF-LUG - Meeting at Cafe Enchante on December 15, 2014

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Tue Dec 16 09:11:07 PST 2014

Hi LUGgers,
	Well it was a small meeting but high quality.
	I got my notebook setup about 5:55 PM.
1800 Michael Paoli showed up and in a few minutes, Michael Rojas
1810 Maestro showed up
1830 Josep Puig came in.
Maestro brought along his older 32 bit notebook and I gave him the
32 bit disks or recent distributions he was interested in.
But he had a problem with his machine and it resisted booting
from most CDs or Flash drives so we all got involved in the
problem.  Finally seemed to be an old BIOS or hardware problem.
	We could not fix it but if it can be fixed Maestro has
plenty of various 32 bit Linux distributions to try on it.
  	Michael Rojas was interested in the distribution I use
Mageia 4.1 from last year and I demonstrated the main line
Fedora 21 with it Gnome-like interface.  Then I showed off
my own installation of Mageia and briefly demonstrated
  PCLOS Full Monty.  Micheal Rojas took Mageia 4.1
  and Fedora 21 disks home along with a recent edition of
  Linux Pro magazine.
  	As it chanced Jim Stockford was feeling too ill to
get to the meeting and so informed me in a phone call
Monday afternoon.
	At 8 PM the meeting was adjourned though the two
Michaels were still talking about one and another thing,
including other LUG meetings and the new group interested
in software controlled radio,
	Michael P. had brought along a lot of disks and several books,
one on Ubuntu and the other relating to Cloud Administration.  I think
Michael Rojas may have taken one or the other.

	If I neglected anything important I am sure the attendees will
be willing to remind me.

	This was the final meeting at the Cafe Enchante in 2014.
	Next meeting at the Cafe Enchante will be on
  Sunday, December 4. 2015.
	I will send a regular announcement out on the 29th December unless
factors beyond my control prevent.

	Happy Holidays!

	Bobbie Sellers