SF-LUG - Fedora spins.

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Thu Dec 11 11:47:59 PST 2014

Hi Luggers
	I don't know how many people know about the alternative iso files for
Fedora available

<https://spins.fedoraproject.org/>
      What is a spin? Fedora spins are alternative versions of Fedora,
tailored for various types of users via hand-picked application sets
or customizations.

Learn more about spins  by going to the URL above but here is a short list

#1     KDE         A complete, modern desktop built using the KDE Plasma
Desktop.
#2     Xfce         A complete, well-integrated Xfce desktop.
#3     LXDE         A light, fast, less-resource hungry desktop environment.
#4     Security         Security analysis tools.
#5     MATE-Compiz         A classic Fedora Desktop. With wobbly Windows.
#6     Electronic-Lab         Fedora's high-end hardware design and
simulation
platform.
#7     Scientific-KDE         Open Source Scientific Computing.
#8     SoaS         Discover. Reflect. Share. Learn.
#9     Design-suite         Open Creativity.
#10     Games         A perfect show-case of the best games available in
Fedora.
#11     Jam-KDE         Unleash your inner musician.
#12     Robotics         Dive into Robotics.

	So if anyone sees something they would like to try out but
cannot download themselves. let me know which you are interested in
and what processor architecture your computer requires and I will
be happy to download it/

	Bobbie Sellers aka bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com

	Hope to see you on Monday evening at the Cafe Enchante.