SF-LUG - Meeting coming up on December 15, 2014 & brief report of meeting of December 7, 2014

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Dec 8 17:52:21 PST 2014

   SF-LUG meets every first Sunday from 11 A.M. to 1 P.M.
and every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

     These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 7 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

     Meeting times are nominal so that if you come after 7:30 PM
we may have left.

	I will have at least a couple of issues of Linux Pro Magazine
and intend to download and try to make an bootable DVD of a live
version of Fedora 21

	Got there about 1040, very crowded.
	Moved to a central table ASAP.
	Ken Schaefer and wife showed up fairly early,
	Ken brought along a broken computer and all his expertise with
which he helped me as much as possible with my machine.  We used
Knoppix 7.4.2 to check the disk partitions and found no errors,
We tried Boot Repair Disk several times but since it could not connect
to the net (apparently)it failed every time.

	John Strazziano showed up with the inexpensive small desktop machine
bur left it in his car. He has a problem with an iffy network
connector on his older laptop.

	Joseph Puig showed up and enjoyed the conversation I believe.
	Jim Stockford showed up about the time were were getting a bit
worried.  He borrowed the latest Linux Pro to read a specific set of
articles about new tools for the WWW I believe.

	Eric showed up about the end of the meeting.
	Ken and I worked on the notebook until the end of the meeting.
	It wanted to be on the Web but the Boot Repair Disk could not
connect at the Cafe probably due to the limited number of drivers
available on the CD.

	Around 1 PM we adjourned as the Shaffers exited wishing us all
a Merry Christmas.  Jim gave myself, Joseph and Eric a ride onward
while he bought the little desktop from John.  Eric got a couple of
hot dogs at FrankenArt and I was home by 1:45 PM.

	Thanks for your attention.

	Bobbie Sellers