SF-LUG - FYI: the Surface Pro 3 can run Linux

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Tue Nov 4 08:22:19 PST 2014

Hi LUGgers,

     I was writing on another list about a couple of FOSS softwares when
I dug up the following URLS but my next computer could easily be a
Surface Pro 3 and here is the reason why despite the fact that I would
rather not give MS any money.  I decided to share with this group
as a result since I know several members are looking for new computers.

<http://betanews.com/2014/09/01/turn-your-surface-pro-3-into-a-desktop-with-the-docking-station-review/>

<http://www.geek.com/microsoft/linux-users-rejoice-heres-ubuntu-on-the-surface-pro-3-1594864/>

     And best of all you will wipe Windows from the Surface with the
Linux install. ;^)

     bliss