SF-LUG -Meeting notes for Meeting of Sunday November 2, 2014

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Sun Nov 2 15:41:30 PST 2014

Hi LUGgers,

  `	I arrived about 10:45 AM and found John S. and his wife here first.
	Cafe Enchante was very crowded.  Initially I set up my notebook on one
on the smaller round tables with John across from me using his
iPad.  Lat4r on I moved across the isle to another table and we we able
to pull up a square table which accommodate 3 people and someone, (John
then Tom) across from me.
	Ken and his wife showed up by 11:00
Then Joseph P. came in subdued in mood.  He seemed to enjoy close
perusal of the two Linux Pro magazines I brought in.
   John S. left briefly to transfer some of his inexpensive Dell tower
computers to Greg,
Jacky B came in with a problem and to try out the Compaq notebook
that Ken is  giving up.  She came in with walking pneumonia (a practice
no nurse could recommend) and came just because she said she would.
I can respect that very much.

   Later I made a copy of PC Linux 2014.08 for John S, to install on his
new batch of machines.

   Jim Stockford showed up before 11:45,

   Eric showed up right at Noon.

   Ken and his wife left about 12:09

   John S. and wife left about 12:25

   Tom T. showed up after 12:30 and was given a couple of copies
of disks that I could vouch for.  He had a little trouble getting
online with the Lubuntu(may be incorrect) that is his main
distribution.  I could not find the utility for getting that
distribution   online so he switched to Kubuntu and I was able to advise
him,

   Jim and some others as well as myself discussed the problem
of getting the mailing list running again.  It seems Rick Moen
computer on which he was running several lists failed about
the time he was gone from his home.  It is low on his priorities
at the present time.

   I suggested supplying him with a replacement machine from
  John's stock of salvaged towers but no one seemed very
  interested.  Jim pointed out that getting the mailing list(s) up and
  running again would involve lots of effort to salvage the old
  address lists and so forth.  It would mean additional bandwidth
and electrical costs as well.

   This was a pretty good meeting.

   Thanks to everyone who showed up.

   Jim gave myself, Eric and Joseph P. a ride first to the
   Frankenart  shop/gallery on Balboa where they had free
   frankfurters today.  Jim and Eric enjoyed these treats.
   Jim then dropped me at home before 1:45 PM.

   The next meeting will be on November 17 in the evening.
   The regular notice will be posted about the 10th of the month.

	Please if the participants could advise me and the rest
of the list of any errors on my part or or emendations, do via
the reply to all option in your mailer.  That means that every
member receiving mail will have the correction faster than
I could re-mail it.

	Bobbie Sellers .