It's a gift (not a newsletter) ; and an offer from SF-LUG

jim jim at well.com
Tue Dec 30 14:19:25 PST 2014

     Many thanks! I learn a lot from reading your writing.

     Maybe not "implausible", rather "unlikely"?

     As to sitting in the cold garage rather than sitting in
more comfortable places doing more necessary or
more fun things, if it'll help, I'm willing to come down
bundled in warm socks, sweaters..., to keep you
company, hold screwdrivers, even biblically just sit
and wait (silently).
     God I wish I'd known of the De Anza College
Electronics Swap. I've gotten some great, useful
stuff from such.
     My basic approach to power conditioning is to make
sure powerful spikes don't get through:

power_line-----Coil_A------------Coil_B----------------------Coil_C-----------------------------------o
                     |                | |
|                        |                 |
                 Cap_A        Cap_B             MOV_A Cap_C
Surge_Diode   Cap_D
neutral

closest to PG&E power, little and fast, closest to internal systems,
slower but take lots of Joules
double and triple components, give coils lots of iron

anything we can do, we're willing.

jim
415 823 4590 my cellphone, call anytime