SF-LUG - Maestro needs advice on a 32 bit distribution of Linux

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Fri Nov 28 21:11:06 PST 2014

So, I'm curious, what exactly contraindicates Debian testing
other than "besides debian"?

Seems to me debian i386 *testing* may well meet what I seem to infer
of your requirements (e.g. "rolling release", 32 bit, etc.).

I've known of some large environments that ran (and likely still run)
Debian testing on user's workstations/laptops, and Debian stable on
servers.

references/excerpts:
https://www.debian.org/releases/testing/
http://cfnarede.com.br/sites/default/files/infographic_debian-v2.1.en.png
(on the above image, note the unstable/testing/stable towards the left,
and the "intended for" column near the right)