[sf-lug] thinking of moving to mutt. i use gmail. any advice/warnings/thoughts?

Shane Tzen shane at faultymonk.org
Mon Jul 7 09:49:45 PDT 2014

On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 12:59 PM, Michael Shiloh
<michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm much more comfortable with text based programs, and in my old age have
> become increasingly frustrated with and am trying to rid my ilfe of GUI
> programs.
>
> I'm considering moving from Thunderbird to Mutt. I used Mutt back in college
> and my fingers still remember the Mutt commands. Plus, I like the speed of
> Mutt.

Just to be contrarian, I'd like to point out that Mutt is a GUI. ;)

> Before I take the plunge, is there anything I should know that might make me
> reconsider?

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6594?hl=en - Keyboard shortcuts for Gmail

Personally, I can't remember that last time I really am "using a
computer" without using a browser.  And as long as I'm using a
browser, I might as well be using gmail (actually think that it sucks
a whole lot less than most MUAs).