[sf-lug] Fwd: sf-lug domain expirations 2014-07-02

Shane Tzen shane at faultymonk.org
Wed Jul 2 12:19:36 PDT 2014

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 12:57 PM, jim <jim at well.com> wrote:

>     I've had problems with this: I want to get
> away from NSolutions and use Joker, but
> my credit card complains about
> out-of-country transactions and there's the
> issue of changing registrars.
>     So I plan to register the domain name
> with Joker on July 1 and see how that goes.

It's fairly likely that you'll just lose the domain.

Per http://www.networksolutions.com/support/domain-deletion-policy/:

"If an expired domain name registration is not renewed during any
grace period provided by us, pursuant to our Service Agreement, rather
than delete the domain name registration, we may, in our sole
discretion, renew and transfer the domain name registration to Network
Solutions or to a third party on the customer’s behalf."

--
I've used namecheap for at least five years now and like them enough
to recommend them.