[sf-lug] what's the mechanism that a website can use to prevent stored information from filling out a form?

Michael Shiloh michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 17:32:38 PDT 2014

Technically, both the web page and the browser share the responsibility:
the web page must have:

  autocomplete = "off"

and the browser must honor it.

I wish all sensitive services (e.g. banks) would have autocomplete
turned off, but of course that's not up to me and others might disagree.
Of course I know that if I use a public or shared computer to access
sensitive services I alone am to blame.

However, the reason I brought this up was to understand why this
behavior suddenly change, after years of not allowing autocomplete. I
understand now it's because FF 30 removed this ability.

Thanks everyone, this has been educational, as always.

Michael