[sf-lug] SF Lug meeting Monday June 16, 2014

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Jun 9 11:43:01 PDT 2014

   SF-LUG meets every third Monday from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M.
at the Cafe Enchante, 26th and Geary Boulevard.

    These meetings are usually lightly attended with a high for the
year so far of 4 members.   If you have a problem come along
and maybe we can help but if not we can usually find someone
who can.

  After the Linux Pro was 3 weeks late last month it was on time
this month with a multiple distribution DVD.   Some of them
look very interesting and I will have it at the next meeting.
It includes 4M Linux 8.0 , Tiny Core 6.2, SystemRescueCD 4.0.
Slacko Puppy 5.6,  Clonezilla 2.21 and Slax 7.0.8.  Also the
MultiSystem Linux based on Ubuntu can be used to make up
your own multi-boot devices using drag and drop.

Likely I will have the previous issue with openSuse and Mageia 4 as well.

    The new issue contains lots of information on coding tools and more
on varied matters of interest to Linux users.

    This is still on the news stand, i.e, Fog City News on the South side of
Market between First and Fremont Streets.  They carry a full selection of
Linux magazines including Raspberry Pi and Android magazines as well
as some of the most delicious varieties of chocolate in town.  This note
is just from a happy customer who wants more people to buy the Linux
magazines still extant.

     Meeting times are strictly nominal which means that I try
to show up on time or actually ahead of time, in case I have
to trouble shoot my set-up.  We leave if no other interested
parties show up up by 7:30 Monday nights or 12:30  PM on
 Sundays.  On the other hand if you bring an interesting problem
or discussion we may hang out until long after the nominal time
to end the meeting.

    Thanks for your attention.

    Bobbie Sellers