[sf-lug] Linux Services

maestro maestro415 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 18:16:58 PDT 2014

Indeed...

Message ends.
________________

On Sunday, June 8, 2014, Ronald Petty <ronald.petty at gmail.com> wrote:
> Maestro,
> Hello.  I am teaching this at UC Berkeley Extension.  It is part of the
Unix Administrator series they run.  Anything to improve, I am all ears.
> Regards.
> Ron
>
> On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 5:34 PM, maestro <maestro415 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Where are you going to teach it?...
>> We have a current Linux Sys.Admin 101 class going in downtown S.F.
posted regularly here on SF-LUG mail list...

>> Maybe we can cross-pollinate and/or attend each other's sessions...
>>

>> Message ends.
>> ________________
>>
>> On Saturday, June 7, 2014, Ronald Petty <ronald.petty at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hello.
>> > My name is Ron Petty and I am teaching a forthcoming class on Linux
services.  I am interested in hearing what fellow Linux administrators
consider as 'vital' knowledge for junior to mid level Linux administrators.
 Here is the existing course description:
>> > "
>> > Learn to master system administration skills related to network
services by installing and configuring these services. Topics and exercises
include installing and configuring directory services, sharing files using
the network file system, managing the IP address space using domain name
system, learning how to use basic tools to do kernel performance and
tuning, and configuring windowing systems.
>> > "
>> > I desire to keep this course relevant, with a little extra focus on
'bay-area' employers.  What services do you need to keep the ship afloat?

--

*~the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...*