[sf-lug] seeking laptop recommendations to upgrade from thinkpad t61p

Michael Shiloh michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 13:49:19 PDT 2014

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your recommendation. Since starting this discussion, I've
decided to add the requirement that it have a nice big screen. Currently
I'm fixated on a T530 with a 15.6" screen and high  (1920 x 1080)
resolution. Unfortunately for me, but perhaps fortunately for my wallet,
it has been discontinued by Lenovo and is not yet showing up on the
Lenovo refurbished site so I am waiting.

It's not cheap but I decided that it is a worthy successor to my T61P.

Meanwhile for my T61P I plan to upgrade the CPU and get a Solid State Disk.

I'll explain the CPU upgrade in a different thread so as not to hijack
my own thread

Michael