[sf-lug] New Toy, the $49 256G Sandisk SSD offered through the Kindle ads

Dan Murphy mmdmurphy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 16:36:28 PDT 2014

Minor point. I think I made a mistake.

You said:

calc allowed me to convert my rough sizes to sectors aligned to 1MB.  I
left approx 10% of the disk unallocated as some recommendations state on
these newer disks (older recommendations are to leave 20%).

I left 20% (yes, and older SSD) UNUSED. Can you or someone verify if
you should leave xx% un used or un allocated?