[sf-lug] (forw) Re: Personal Security Management from Mozilla

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Apr 30 12:24:15 PDT 2014

Quoting Bobbie:

> "Could not initialize the application's security component. The most likely
> cause is problems with files in your application's profile directory.
> Please check that this directory has no read/write restrictions and your
> hard disk is not full or close to full. It is recommended that you exit the
> application and fix the problem. If you continue to use this session, you
> might see incorrect application behaviour when accessing security features."

So, as I suggested upthread, probably you have a problem with your
Thunderbird user profile.  See the tips in the diagnostic.  Make a new
user profile and test it to see if it has the problem.  If not, then
that's your explanation, and you can then migrate over your settings and
saved mail from your old user profile to your new one.

As usual, it's almost certainly not missing PSM at all.