[sf-lug] Virtualized Windows with Virtualbox on Linux

Yong Tang yongtang2013 at live.com
Mon Mar 10 17:56:05 PDT 2014

I am used to use Vbox to visualize Win7   on a Scientific Linux 6 system. My experience with it was good, except of one thing, Vbox and KVM were not able to run side by side without inserting and removing kernel modules.

Vbox is a lovely toy in term of user experience. You can do cut-and-paste directly from host to guest or guest to host. However, this makes me a little worried about higher risk of VM escape, which often gives the attacker unlimited control over the host system. So, it will be a good idea to keep both your physical and Vbox servers patched and updated/upgraded.

Best,

Yong