[sf-lug] Resurrecting an Asus EeePC 701 4GB

John F. Strazzarino jstrazza at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 21 20:16:24 PST 2014

________________________________

Some other thoughts:

Try putting linux on a different thumb drive (don't we all have a bunch of them?).  I have found trouble with the Sandisk thumb drives, which appear to have two partitions on them as well as some 'U3' software.

You might also try the 'universal usb installer' found on the pendrivelinux.com web site.  The installer and a multi-boot installer called YUMI seem to work well.  When using this software, I found that if the thumb drive is not recognized, then you need another thumb drive!

You might also experiment with a very small version of Linux called Xpud.  It is great for coffee shop type surfing.

Good Luck

John