[sf-lug] request for community involvement

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Oct 22 12:40:48 PDT 2013

I wrote:

> Happily, GoToMeeting's design stupidity is a rare exception, and things
> like WebEx will happily run on Linux.  See Wikipedia links above for the
> general picture.

_And_, if for some reason you really want to be able to run the
GoToMeeting client (or similar problem children), you can easily do it
in a VM guest running MS-Windows.  Probably also possible to run it on
native x86 Linux using WINE or Codeweaver; not tested as I haven't
needed to.

Also, there's a limited HTML-only implementation of GoToMeeting called
Web Viewer that runs fine in suitable Linux Web browsers.
https://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/gotomeeting/all_files/GTM130019

Or you could run GoToMeeting on a LAN-local MS-Windows or MacOS box and
share _that_ to your Linux box using VNC, etc.
http://scorpspot.blogspot.com/2012/04/screensharing-in-linux-with-gotomeeting.html

Lots of ways, if you think about it for a minute.