[sf-lug] /smxi

jim jim at systemateka.com
Fri Oct 11 07:43:11 PDT 2013

    Coincidentally, the Linux study group,
which meets at Noisebridge on Tuesday
afternoons, has just turned its ADD attention
to Nagios.
    I'm in favor of that choice because it
presents system administration issues as a
package, all bundled up in menu choices.
    From a learning point of view, this (I
hope) may increase awareness of the various
resources and other aspects in the domain
of system administration.

    Personally, I'm with Rick. In addition
to his points, I like staying with the
individual, olde tyme tools because they
tend to be universal across all *nix hosts.